Spotlight on File Conversion
Last month, we launched Aspose.Imaging for Java with a newsletter themed around working with images. This month, our theme is file conversion.
File conversion is only one of the many tasks our tools can help developers perform, but it is an important one. Do you need to process forms submitted as Microsoft Word documents, extract data and archive the original document as a PDF, complete with a barcode for tracking? Or maybe build flexible slide stacks for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations? Do you create management reports by extracting data from databases, performing calculations in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and posting charts on an intranet? Aspose can help developers with all of these tasks. Our customers use Aspose products for all kinds of complex tasks. More often than not, file conversion plays a part. We hope the examples and tips below are useful to you.
Thank you for reading,
John Owens, Aspose Scotland Team Leader
Product Spotlight – Aspose.Words for .NET and Java
Technical Article – Convert PPT to other formats with Aspose.Slides for SharePoint
Aspose.Slides for SharePoint lets you convert Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to PDF, TIFF or XPS files directly from a document library. This month’s technical article shows how. Read the article to find out how.
Tutorial Video – Convert a Chart to Image with Aspose.Cells for Java
[![Tutorial video icon].
Migration Tip – Create Microsoft Outlook Contacts with Aspose.Email for .NET or Office Automation
[![Migration tip icon].
New Releases and Updates
- [Aspose.Total for .NET] – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- [Aspose.Cells for .NET] 7.3.2 – adds support for copying sparklines and a number of other enhancements.
- [Aspose.Words for .NET] – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- [Aspose.Pdf for .NET] 7.4.0 – supports different headers in one PDF document, count watermarks and extract header and footer text.
- [Aspose.Slides for .NET] 6.7.0 – supports adding an assistant node to an organization and other enhancements and fixes.
- [Aspose.BarCode for .NET] 5.1.0 – adds support for Swiss Post Parcel barcode and DataMatrix generation with error correction.
- [Aspose.Tasks for .NET] 4.7.0 – includes a new feature for rendering project data to PDF.
- [Aspose.Diagram for .NET] 2.7.0 – export diagrams to XAML format and work with glued shapes, as well as other enhancements and fixes.
- [Aspose.OCR for .NET] 1.2.0 – adds support for JPG, PNG and GIF formats, loading custom dictionaries from steam and multipage TIFF recognition.
- [Aspose.Email for .NET] 2.2.0 – save EML as draft, check whether a PST file is password protected and a number of enhancements and fixes.
- [Aspose.Total for Java] – a compilation of our latest Java products.
- [Aspose.Cells for Java] 7.3.2 – set a tab’s default color and other enhancements and fixes.
- [Aspose.Words for Java] – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- [Aspose.Pdf for Java] 3.3.0 – improvements to image management and other enhancements.
- [Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java] 4.4.0 – set signature images from an input stream, improvements to printing and other fixes.
- [Aspose.Email for Java] 2.2.0 – save EML as draft, check is a PST file is password protected and a number of other features and improvements.
- [Aspose.Total for SharePoint] – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- [Aspose.Total for SSRS] – a compilation of our latest SQL Server Reporting Services products.
- [Aspose.BarCode for SSRS] 5.1.0 – support for Swiss Post Parcel barcode and improved DataMatrix generation with error correction.
- [Aspose.Total for JasperReports] – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- [Aspose.Words for JasperReports] 1.7.0 – new layout options and a number of improvements.
Too busy to evaluate?
If you are too busy to evaluate our products, take the shortcut of a good conversation with our sales team. They are here to answer your questions, no matter how detailed. [Contact sales today].
: https://forum.aspose.com/)](http://bit.ly/pGWTWN)Aspose.Words for .NET and Java gives software developers the power to program with Microsoft Word documents without Microsoft Office Automation. Control content, formatting, headers and footers; add or extract text or images; run mail merges, create reports; create, manipulate and convert documents. With Aspose.Words you can do whatever it is you need to do. [Download a trial today](http://bit.ly/pGWTWN : https://www.aspose.cloud/templates/aspose/App_Themes/V3/images/email/272x272/aspose_email-for-android.png)](https://blog.aspose.com/)Spreadsheets are powerful tools for organizing and visualizing data. Aspose.Cells for Java lets developers work with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets in their applications. One handy task that Aspose.Cells helps them do is find a chart in a spreadsheet and save it to an image format. This tutorial shows how to convert a bar chart to a PNG image. [Watch the tutorial](https://blog.aspose.com/ : https://www.aspose.cloud/templates/aspose/App_Themes/V3/images/email/272x272/aspose_email-for-net.png)](https://blog.aspose.com/)Microsoft Outlook is used for more than sending and receiving emails: it is a powerful tool for organizing contacts and meetings. When a developer wants to create contact programmatically, they can do so using Microsoft Office Automation or Aspose.Email for .NET. The latter is independent of Office Automation and does not require Microsoft Outlook to be installed on the machine. This article compares the two methods. [Read the migration tip](https://blog.aspose.com/ : http://bit.ly/hYf4lL : http://bit.ly/gVR6jM : http://bit.ly/h9OR3U : http://bit.ly/g9rFxf : http://bit.ly/fOUdIP : http://bit.ly/jHYuV8 : http://bit.ly/mqZLW6 : http://bit.ly/hAYlci : http://bit.ly/pQRZAL : http://bit.ly/vfINIq : http://bit.ly/gAt9lC : http://bit.ly/n3uX0h : http://bit.ly/ie17Mx : http://bit.ly/eGvgvt : http://bit.ly/oRfZP9 : http://bit.ly/n5t3WX : http://bit.ly/ifW5jD : http://bit.ly/eFboB9 : http://bit.ly/eSxpc4 : http://bit.ly/i5G8S8 : http://bit.ly/pRKk6p : http://bit.ly/iXHvCU : http://bit.ly/ixgNWu